Something special happens when creative people get in a room together. Harness that energy and attend in-person events to meet local peers and find mentors.
Local to Baltimore
- Startup Soiree – A monthly Baltimore-Area meetup focused on creating meaningful conversations among entrepreneurs and leaders within the local startup community.
- Startup Grind Baltimore – Monthly events in Baltimore open to anyone interested or involved in startups and there are no annual or membership fees.
National or Global
- Startup Grind is a global startup community designed to educate, inspire, and connect entrepreneurs. We host monthly events in 200 cities and 85 countries featuring successful local founders, innovators, & investors.
- AIGA: Local chapters hold events to network and socialize with other designers, find your local chapter to see what they’re up to!
- MeetUp: Many organizations use MeetUp to organize events ranging from small business networking, Lunch-and-learns, Mastermind groups, and social events for creatives and professionals. See what a search turns up in your area!
You may need to travel, but conferences are a great way to learn directly from professionals at the top of their field, to meet and mingle with a wider variety of peers than in your neighborhood, and to get to know the unique creative culture of different areas. A good conference can leave you energized and inspired!
- AIGA Design Conference: This annual conference, open to members and non-members, includes several days of symposia, presentations, and networking opportunities with top industry visionaries.
- HOW Design Live: This annual multi-day conference is a huge gathering of designers workshops, talks, and seminars on topics touching on all aspects of the design industry, with amp
- 99U Conference: This 2-day conference focuses on the state of the design industry and professional development.